Wednesday, April 30, 2008
In the Beginning
When I was 28 weeks pregnant with Lydia, I wasn't feeling her move very much. Lydia's heart rate started to drop. It dropped so low, the doctors felt it was best to do an emergency c-section. Born on May 31, 2000 she weighed 2lbs 14 oz. She stayed in the NBIC for 2 months during which she had brain surgery. When she was 4 months she had a VP shunt surgery and a revision later. She was hospitalized twice for RSV and double pneumonia. She had open heart surgery in 2005 and that went very well. She's recovered fine from all her hospitalizations and is healthy today.
Labels:
Lydia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just cannot imagine going through all that! You are amazing! And Lydia is a little miracle!
Just imagine the reunion in heaven! I seriously can't wait to give all of my great students a hug, and talk!
Holy cow! I know you told me the story, but I didn't realize that it was at 28 weeks. That is so early. She is such a doll and doing so well today, but man you had a lot going on in the early days didn't you?
Post a Comment