Saturday, August 1, 2009

Lydia's 9 Years



I am so behind on what I want to blog. Today is Hannah's 7th birthday! I missed blogging about Lydia's 9th birthday, so I am going to post that now and Hannah's later. I hope you enjoy going back in time with me!

This song we found right after Lydia was born. It is our theme song! It still makes me tear up.

I was so young!


Lydia was born on May 31, 2000. I was 28 weeks pregnant when the doctors did an emergency c-section. Her placenta had stopped working and she wasn't getting enough oxygen. She weighed 2 lbs 14 oz and was 15 inches long. She was only on the ventilator for 1 day. She stayed in the NBIC for 2 months. She came home on July 30, 2000.




2 months old. The nurses at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center took this picture of her. I still have this doll and it is so tiny.





4 months old. Lydia was such a sweet baby. She would sit in her swing or bouncer all day, if we would let her. We didn't though. We had therapists over and we stimulated and worked her to no end!





7 months old. I LOVE this picture. It was fun having Lydia be a baby for so long (I really didn't know any different until I had Hannah)!





1 Year Old. Is that not a face of an angel or what? Lydia was just barely sitting up here. I loved that dress on her, you could see her chubby little arms!

18 months old. Lydia is starting to get more hair and losing her babyness.


Lydia is 2 years old here. Such an adorable picture!

3 years old. Lydia started wearing glasses and going to school! The bus came and got her the first morning. I followed it to the school in my car and cried the whole way!




Lydia 4 years old.


Lydia 5 years old. The eye doctor said she didn't need glasses anymore. I put her in another year of preschool. I was scared about her going to "real" school.


Six years old and in KINDERGARDEN!

7 years old and in 1st grade
.

Lydia 8 years old and in 2nd grade.

Our Little Miracle now nine years old!

10 comments:

Shanna said...

LOVE it! She was such a sweet little baby and is now a sweet girl! I love the pictures you posted!

Christy Hooley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY LYDIA! WE LOVE YOU!!!

Christy Hooley said...

Loved it! I had never heard that song, it made me tear up. Acacia was watching kept asking me what was wrong. Loved watching her grow up in pictures!

Nelson said...

Love this post! I haven't been connected to you for many years, so it is great to see all these cute pictures. My heart was aching for you when you wrote about her 1st day of school and the bus ride. I would have been doing the exact same thing!

Josh and Micah said...

Lydia is such a sweet girl! I remember seeing all those pictures of her!
Happy Birthday Lydia!

Deedles said...

She is so sweet! :) I love all the pictures!

Kendra said...

That was adorable! I love Lydia, and it's cool to see her "grow up" on your blog. What a cutie!

Jen (momofmandm) said...

Could she be any cuter? What a doll. That is so amazing that she can walk. I loved all those pictures of her.

Missy said...

Happy birthday Lydia girl! You are amazing. Everyone in Heber loves and misses you.