Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Moving On" Talent Show

On Monday, we went to a talent show put on by the Young Adults of the UDSF ("MOVING ON") These kids are age 16 and older. I met Jamie last night a man who is 30. He was very smooth and pretty dang cool.



It was so much fun to watch them perform. They ARE talented. It was nice as a mother of a nine year old to see these older kids' talents. My friends Jami and Brian Cloud and their family came with us. They love coming to our UDSF activities. Their daughter, Sierra (9) said that she loves being around these people. That is what our organization is all about. Awareness and acceptance.


My photos were very dark so I am not thrilled with them.


Danielle Peterson is one of our good friends. This girl has style. She does her own hair, goes to beauty school and was on the high school cheerleading team.


Performers waiting to perform.


These photos do not show how well these kids can really dance.


















Lydia and Dustin Forsyth. Dustin has been our friend for years. He grabbed Lydia and said, "I love this kid."



Lydia, Dustin, Danielle and Jamie. Dustin and Danielle are engaged.




Reed Hahne, Celeste Clark, Dustin and Danielle. Reed is a great dancer. He has been in many muscials and plays. He also works at the temple.











5 comments:

Krista Neil said...

Very cool, I remember taking a special ed class in college and seeing what older downs kids can do, I remember being very impressed at the time.

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

Wow! What a fun night. Susan loves watching plays, musicals, etc. Let me the next time there is an event. We'd love to go.

Cherlelynn & the herd

Anonymous said...

You are doing a fabulous job Natalie! Thank you so very much!!

Lindsay said...

They are engaged??!! That is so awesome!! Do they know a day when they are getting married yet?

Missy said...

Ok that picture of Lydia made me totally bawl. I miss that cute little thing! When I'm with my great-auntie Janet, I feel a little part of heaven. After kisses from her, hearts are never the same, and that is worth lots of happy tears.