Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Shaylee!

Shaylee Ann Clyde was born on April 15, 2005.


She weighed 7lbs. 8 oz. and was 19 inches long.


The first year of her life flew by so fast!! She got nicknamed DeeDee Ann Coot. She was a VERY good baby. She slept through the night really early and was a happy baby.



When she was three months old, I noticed a strange odor when I walked in the room where she was sleeping. I figured it was her diaper. We took her to the doctor and he confirmed that she had an urinary tract infection. He sent us to Primary Children's where they did a nasty test with a catheter and dye. With x-rays it was diagnosed that she had kidney reflux. Her urine was going back into her kidneys. So she was on antibiotics for three months. When we went back to Primary's the test showed no more reflux. She grew out of it, thank heavens. (Lydia had just had heart surgery that June.)


On top of this, Shaylee would jerk or twitch all her muscles while sleeping. She would sometimes wake me up at night (after falling asleep at the breast) hitting me with her arms. Since Lydia was already in the hospital recovering from heart surgery we thought it would be perfect time to get her tested from a neurologist. (My mom or Kelly's mom had her most the time and I pumped milk while trying to take care of Lydia. Needless to say, I did break down and have a minor nervous break down. ) She had an EEG (tests brain stuff) and the test showed that her left side of her brain was slower than her right. To this day, I still don't know what that means. If anyone knows her today, you can tell that it hasn't affected her at all.


2006




Shaylee was a happy and spoiled one year old. I finally weened her off breast milk at 13 months by introducing to her: strawberry milk!! She continued to sleep with Kelly and I until we moved to Eagle Mountain the next year. Kelly had major back surgery this year and I had to go to work. I remember missing out on some of the one year old milestones. I hated that she would run to her dad when she was sad and not me. When Kelly was healed and back to work our relationship came back to normal. She loved makeup and "pretties" (hair ties) back then. She desperately wanted hair!


2007



Shaylee was an adorable two year old as you can see in this picture. She finally got a little bit of hair to pull up in a mini ponytail. We moved to Eagle Mountain this year and she made friends really quick. She was the youngest and littlest, but acted the same age! Her big sister, Hannah, has become her role model by this time. She wants to be just like her. She learned to sing Rock a bye Baby and her ABC's.





2008





I really don't know where 2008 went! Shaylee learned to ride a bike with training wheels this year and loved being outside with all the other kids. She fell in love with Disney princesses, Hannah Montana, and Sharpay from High School Musical and Scoobie Doo. She started to learn how to spell her name. She began to sing a lot and has a very good tone. She got into panties with a few more accidents than I would like, but oh well. Her sassy attitude began and continues still.


2009






From blogg pics
Now Shay is four and wants an Iron Man birthday party. The girl loves Iron Man. She is a good kid. She goes to school with me and hangs out at recess or goes to Ms. Sally's class. They really take of her in that class and make her feel like she belongs. I really appreciate that. Shaylee is really getting good at writing her ABC's and can recognize most of the letters. She is sweet to Lydia most of the time. She loves taking care of her. I LOVE YOU SHAYLEE!









9 comments:

Christy Hooley said...

We love you!! Happy Birthday Shaylee! Love, The Hooleys (in Yellowstone and snow at the moment)

Grandma Nina said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAYLEE!!!!!!!!! We love and miss you. We hope you have the best day ever!!! Luv ya, Grandpa Ed and Grandma Nina
See you soon XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Deedles said...

Happy birthday to Shaylee! She is absolutely adorable! :) Madilyn had to do those yucky tests too with the dye! So not fun! I'm glad she grew out of the kidney thing! She is an amazing girl! :)

Danielle said...

She is getting so big. She is beautiful. I can't believe its been that long since you lived in Heber and were the best visiting teacher ever!

Krista Neil said...

It's a little late, but happy birthday Shaylee :)

Missy said...

I remember that cute little baby! Can't believe how fast they grow up! Ruby just grew out of that pink checkered dress you gave us. Thanks again for helping a poor, starving mama out all those years ago. Miss ya and luv ya!

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

What cute pictures! I can't believe how big she is and how beautiful!!!! Happy Birthday Shaylee

Krista Neil said...

I nominated you... http://kristaneil.blogspot.com/2009/04/blog-award-do-i-have-blog-for-you.html

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so beautiful! I was on the UDSF site and came across your blog. It's cute!Do you live near Weber county? We're having a BBQ this Saturday the 16th. Thanks for posting your blog, it was fun to kinda get to know you!
-Judy McKenzie :)