Monday, I decided to take all the girls for another walk, but this time teach Hannah to ride her bike.
Lydia walked so nice on our way, but on the way home....NO! She REFUSED to walk. I tried EVERYTHING. "One, two...........THREE!!" Nah. I'll just sit here on the hot asphalt road and throw a fit.
I didn't know what she wanted. All I know is she didn't want to walk. So I start taking her by the wrist and try lifting her up. NOPE. Total body weight dragging is what it comes down to. I drag, and drag and drag and drop and drag and pick up and drag and drop and pick up...get it? Meanwhile she's screaming and biting her other hand. Not fun. It's hot and windy and the whole world's watching this! I am totally pissed off and frustrated!
We FINALLY get home and I put her right on the drier for time out! NO more Sponge Bob tonight Missy! She's covered in black because of tears, snot and asphalt mixed together on her face. I grab a washcloth and start to clean her and noticed nice red marks up and down her arm. What the...? "OH @#$%!" Those are bruises from me dragging her 2 blocks.
This is where the Flood Gate of GUILT comes 'a flowin'! What a horrible mother I am! I look at her other arm and her wrist is bruised from her biting herself. I start breaking down and cry. I think, what am I supposed to do??? Lock her in a stroller if we ever want to go anywhere? I refuse to carry her, so does that mean dragging her forever?
So I call myself the "Drag" Queen for now. I feel like a trip to Vegas. Anyone?
6 comments:
Hey Nat! Don't be hard on yourself. We all have Mommy moments like that!
I shouldn't be laughing but I am! The Drag Queen just got me! Our kids are good at doing the dead weight drop!
Hey, I'll join you! I don't have any great stories like yours to blame my frustration on but I feel I need the get-away anyway...before something does happen.
You are a great mom! And I would do the stroller (time out)!!!
I miss my Lydia! :)
Hey Drag Queen! Just think of all the blessings you get when your patience is tested. I know you are so much more patient that I ever claim to be - and we have the same William O genes! :)
Oh my goodness! I am not the only one that has a daughter with hand mark bruises on her arms? the dead weight thing is the best. Maddie is twice as heavy as Lydia and just be glad that she is still as light as she is. I so know how that feels to be the drag queen.
Post a Comment